The Solon Dixon Forestry Education Center (SDFEC) provides traditional classroom and immersive outdoor field experiences for people learning about forestry, wildlife, and natural resources management.
The SDFEC functions as a living laboratory for hands-on, experiential learning for students, practitioners, and land owners who come to the facility to explore its diverse ecosystems and learn best practices from leaders in their field.
For private groups, the Dixon Center is an excellent venue for special events, meetings, and other functions that offers pleasant gathering spaces, comfortable living quarters, cafeteria-style dining, technological resources, and abundant recreation opportunities.
One of the finest field facilities of its type in the nation, the Dixon Center features:
* 5,300+ acres offering fresh water springs, longleaf pine forests, cypress swamps, and river frontage along the Conecuh River and borders the National Forest
* 100-seat auditorium, classrooms, and conference rooms
* Recreation areas and outdoor gathering spaces
* Cafeteria-style dining seats up to 85
* Variety of living arrangements to accommodate up to 100 guests
* Guided tours and field study
To learn more, view an introductory video about the Dixon Center.